New to food allergies?
Oatmeal Raisin Apple Tart
Sweet, crunchy, chewy, and delicious – this Oatmeal Raisin cookie apple tart is everything you want in a dessert and more. The tart crust is made with our Oatmeal Raisin cookies and the filling combines sweet apples with warming spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve it up with a cup of warm coffee or a hot toddy and you’ll be in holiday heaven.
Oatmeal Raisin Apple Tart Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
6 packs Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (170 grams)
4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons apricot marmalade, optional (for glazing)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with some melted coconut oil.
2. In a large food processor, add oatmeal raisin cookies and pulse until the cookies turn into crumbs. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and add in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 6 tablespoons of melted coconut oil. Mix with a spoon until the dough starts to stick together and resembles wet sand.
3. Transfer the oatmeal raisin cookie dough to the bottom of the tart pan and firmly press it on the bottom and against the sides of the pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to really press and compact the cookie crust. Prebake the crust for 7-10 minutes, just until lightly golden-brown.
4. In the meantime, using a sharp knife, halve and slice the apples into ¼-inch slices. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with remaining brown sugar, maple syrup, lemon juice, and all the spices.
5. Remove the tart from the oven and top with the apples. You can arrange the apples in a decorative pattern. Bake until the apples are nicely tender and the crust deeply golden-brown, around 25-30 minutes.
6. Let the tart cool for around 10 minutes before glazing with the apricot jam. Slice into even wedges and serve
Do you have any more recipes with our Allergy Smart products? We would love to hear from you! contact us!
Join the Allergy Smart Club Newsletter
At Allergy Smart we put a focus on the growing concern of people suffering from food allergens and the lack of a smart solution in the market. Smart to us, means that you can be allergy safe, without sacrificing clean ingredients, experience and taste. Join our newsletter so that we can guide you in navigating your best snack options.